Though I do have a 'day job' in retail, my true passion is being a professional artist. If you need someone who can do cute or cartoon things, find me on Fiverr as Daryl101.2016/2017
- In July of '16 I began a daily kawaii art journey and blog, after being inspired by a creativity book I won at an adult coloring event. That got me into the Alberta Culture Days chalk art festival where I made art for the city along with 6 other artists the following October. And I've opened a tee shirt shop on RedBubble, under KawaiiNMore
(spelled just like that). 2015
- Officially became a coloring book artist. Some of my work is even featured at the local library 2014
- Opened my Etsy shop, shortly before Christmas. I started out selling my paintings as digitized, downloadable desktop backgrounds.
I then added more & more digital art to my Etsy shop, including Tee decals, custom eCards and customized clipart. 2013 and before
- I hand-made greeting cards for people, as well as custom sketches of friends as well as satisfied customers.
- When I sold Avon (2009-2015) I made all my own
digital and printable advertising. It felt awesome!
-I dabbled in some logo design for customers and friends. I even did some artwork for a musician friend and a burlesque troupe.2010
- I was the 'bottle artist' for the summertime Malibu by You campaign, hosted by Malibu Rum (people would buy blank bottles and I'd draw anything they requested)
-I painted a large mural for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary. It was some of the MOST fun I've ever had!
2007-2009 - I put myself through school at SCI (while enduring the horrible food industry) and earned my Art Diploma!1988
- I was born. Then when I was 2, I fell in love with art & creating.